Research and Development In Pharma Industry
Research and Development:
- Research and Development seek to advise on innovative activities by firms or government in developing new services, products or up existing services or products.
Introduction to Research and Development:
- The innovation and development of products, processes, systems, and services which will provide the company with a commercial opportunity.
- In this department, they are dealing with molecule synthesis or drug synthesis, based on these reasons we are called as Scientists.
- The research and development reactions are based on two types of criteria.
- Those are an Active pharmaceutical ingredient and Contract research organization.
- The Active pharmaceutical ingredient reactions are molecular-based
- The Contract research organization reactions are client based
- In this Research and Development department, several types of job categories are involved, those are Trainee Scientist, Junior Scientist, Senior Scientist, Research Associate, Deputy Manager and Manager.
- In this department, the main role of scientists drug synthesis or molecule synthesis.
- In the process of drug synthesis, several test samples are required, these to be tested with Quality control department.
Steps Involved in Research and Development:
- In this department, the scientists are following some important steps, those are
- New drug research.
- New product development.
- Existing product updates.
- Quality checks.
- After innovation they will apply for patent rights, then they will release to the market.